Thursday, September 6, 2007

Rainbows


My heart leaps up when I behold
A Rainbow in the sky:
So was it when my life began;
So is it now I am a man;
So be it when I shall grow old,
Or let me die!
The Child is father of the man;
And I wish my days to be
Bound each to each by natural piety

by William Wordsworth

I have always believed LIFE to be more than achievements and milestones. I am not saying that these are not important. This is what drives us, keeps us kicking. But in the process of achieving our goals we tend to forget to enjoy the moment.

Having achieved what we always wanted when standing at out goal post, looking at past realize that we missed out on something which was more important – the journey itself.

That is the reason I have started my blog with “Rainbow”. This is to remind me that the journey is the most beautiful part. We must take time to stop, look around, enjoy the moment, cherish what we have, fill out heart with joy and move on.



4 comments:

Prachi Pareekh said...

Read this long time back - “Life is like a rainbow. You need both the sun and the rain to make its colors appear.” i.e that's what life is like !!

rainbow said...

Correct Prachi, Good that you read it long back but this is something about which we need to remind ourself constantly as we tend to forget that its sun and rain both which makes life colorful.

Also, I did stress on taking time out and appreciating what we already have.

Shark said...

We must take time to stop, look around, enjoy the moment, cherish what we have, fill out heart with joy and move on

That said it all!

Alas what we lack these days the most is this TIME to stop and look around :-/

Shark said...

Time for the next post!